Saturday, 26 December 2009

ELIOT

An eliot is an epigram form I labelled in honour of George Eliot the English novelist/poet, inspired by an example in Chap 8 of her book Daniel Deronda

These examples are my copyright but maybe used for educational puroses provided advice is emailed to strandbg@aol.com






JOIE DE VIVRE

What tune does youth most play

when future's biding ? Today !

What wisdom does age convey

when time is passing ? Today !












BEFORE,THEN

What word does mpatience,us beset

When chemes delay? Yesterday!

What song do the old never forget

When in their cups they cry? Yesterday


WHAT'S IN A NAME

Some with words,swear so free

so lightly from their lip will trip JESUS!

He who in mind's eye I see

and with this word I worship JESUS !


Check out my other poetry blogs at
to be found by clicking my profile

also can be found

in my poetic forms series on kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.